- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: Flyers Vincent Lecavalier will be out three to four weeks with a non-displaced fracture in his lower back.
- George Richards: Blackhawks Corey Crawford left last night’s game in the first period. Mark Lazerus: Blackhawks saying it is a lower-body injury, but Lazerus is hearing it is a groin injury. Tim Sassone: Coach Joel Quenneville doesn’t think it is too serious, ”But when it’s a goalie it’s a little more serious then other players.” He’ll be re-evaluated in this morning.
- Joe Haggerty: Bruins Dougie Hamilton left last night’s game after a collision with Carl Gunnarson. Jamie Erdahl: Hamilton is flying back to Boston with a lower-body injury and is out at least a week.
- Andrew Gross: Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said that more on Marc Staal should be known in the next couple days.
- Andrew Gross: Rangers Derek Dorsett had an MRI on his wrist, with results showing that it shouldn’t be a long-term injury.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers Ilya Bryzgalov(concussion) was taking some shots yesterday.
“I had some headaches and had some trouble sleeping but now I’m much better,” said Bryzgalov.
He’s not sure when he’ll be able to get back into the lineup.
- Darren Dreger: Bruins Chris Kelly has a broken ankle from a Pascal Dupuis slash on Saturday night.