- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets Sergei Bobrovsky will be out four to five weeks with a groin strain. If he misses four weeks, he’ll miss 12 games. If he’s out 5 weeks, he’ll miss 15 games.
- Missy Zielinski: Lightning’s Radko Gudas is unlikely for tonight.
- Joe Haggerty: Bruins Adam McQuaid re-aggravated his groin. Coach Claude Julien would only say that Torey Krug is day-to-day.
- Michael Russo: Wild’s Mikael Granlund had missed five of six games and three in a row with a concussion. They have shut him down and he’ll remain on the IR
“We’re going to keep him off right now,” coach Mike Yeo said. “He skated the other day and we’re at the point now where lets just take some time off here and make sure we get this right. … I just know that we’re not making progress, and so what we’re doing right now, we have to take a different approach.”
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: Jets Evander Kane is unlikely for tonight.
“That would be safe to say,” said Noel. “We should have a little better idea of where we stand (by) tomorrow.”
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Stars Tyler Seguin could be back in the lineup tonight according to coach Lindy Ruff.
“He’s doing well,” Ruff said. “He did really well [Monday], he’ll be the one guy who will skate [Wednesday], and there’s a possibility he could play in Toronto.”
- Stephen Whyno in the Toronto Star: Maple Leafs Tyler Bozak was unable to finish Tuesday’s game due to an upper-body injury.
- David Alter: Leafs Cody Franson practiced yesterday. He’s missed the last two games. Stephen Whyno: Joffrey Lupul was on the ice for the start of practice, but left part way through in some discomfort. Jonas Siegel: Phil Kessel left practice yesterday after tweaking something according to coach Randy Carlyle. Bozak had a MRI yesterday. Colton Orr has an elbow issue.
- Todd Cordell: The Devils put Ryan Carter on the IR.
- Ted Kulfan: Both Pavel Datsyuk and Danny DeKeyser skated yesterday. DeKeyser hopes to be ready for the Winter Classic.
- Renaud Lavoie: Canadiens Rene Bourque missed last night’s game with an upper-body.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers Vincent Lecavalier said he’s still bothered by back spasms.
- Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune: Lightning’s Eric Brewer has a lower-body injury. He “tweaked” something during their morning skate on Tuesday. He’ll be evaluated before tonight’s game.
- Nick Cole: Predators Shea Weber (eye) won’t play tonight against the Hurricanes.
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes Tim Gleason practiced yesterday.