- Helene St. James: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that Pavel Datsyuk (concussion) is doubtful for tomorrow. Todd Bertuzzi (shoulder) will likely be ready for Wednesday or for the weekend.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Ken Holland said Datsyuk would need ”a good week of practice” before getting clearance to play.
- Michael Russo: Flyers Vincent Lecavalier is out with a bad back.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets coach Claude Noel said that Evander Kane (lower-body) is day-to-day.
- Josh Cooper: Predators Shea Weber (eye) will be out tonight. Kevin Klein (foot) is out at least two weeks.
- Mark Stepneski: Stars Tyler Seguin (concussion-like symptoms) skated before practice yesterday.
“He’s feeling a lot better,” said Stars coach Lindy Ruff. “He came in today, they went through the process. He was good enough to go out and skate, get his heart rate to a certain level and still felt pretty good. We’re encouraged that this might may be only a couple days.”
The Stars put Aaron Rome on the IR retroactive to November 24th with a lower-body injury and have recalled Travis Morin.
- Blue Jackets: The Blue Jackets have activated Brandon Dubinsky from the IR. He’s expected to be in the lineup tonight.
- Mike Halford of Pro Hockey Talk: The Oilers may have to call up Jason LaBerbera depending on the extent of Ilya Bryzgalov’s injury.
“Bryzgalov took a hard hit,” head coach Dallas Eakins said, as per the Oilers website. “He’s being assessed as we speak to see where he’s at.
“If we need a goalie, we’ll call up a goalie.”
- Edmonton Oilers: Boyd Gordon and Philip Larsen are both questionable for tonight’s game.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said that defenseman Bryan Allen will be a “game-time decision” for tonight’s game.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Both Alex Tanguay and Ryan Wilson skated hard yesterday and appear to be getting closer to coming off the IR. The Avs will need to make a roster if both come off it soon. They are carrying 22 players at the moment.
- Todd Cordell: Devils Adam Henrique left last night’s game with a lower-body injury. Rich Chere: Henrique said that he tried to play through the injury but couldn’t. He’s not sure if he’ll be able to go tomorrow.
- Jason Botchford: Canucks Alex Burrows will be out indefinitely with a broken jaw.