- Michael Russo: Wild’s Niklas Backstrom left last night’s game after being run over by Nazem Kadri.
- Andrew Gross: Rangers Rick Nash will travel with the team to Montreal and will continue practicing.
- Andrew Gross: Rangers Dominic Moore said he’s good to return to the lineup on Saturday.
- Katie Carrera: Capitals Mike Green has a lower-body injury and is day-to-day.
- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets Derek MacKenzie (back spasms) didn’t skate yesterday. May not be able to go tonight.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: The Avalanche should know in the next couple days if Alex Tanguay will need a procedure done on his knee or not.
- Lisa Dillman of the LA Times: Kings Jonathan Quickis heading back to Los Angeles for further evaluation, including an MRI. GM Dean Lombardi wasn’t sure if it was a groin injury.
“We’re not going to know until the MRI,” Lombardi said. “Obviously, it didn’t look good. The trainers told me walking out [last night] it was not good. They don’t know until they get in there and find out what it is … nobody knows.]”
Defenseman Matt Greene was put on the LTIR with an upper-body injury. Kyle Clifford is in Los Angeles with a head injury.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area: Sharks coach Todd McLellan indicated that Brent Burnsis still not ready to return to the lineup. Burns is skating with the team, but it’s not know when he’ll be able to return to the lineup.
“I wish I could answer that question. There’s days where I think he’s really close, and there’s other days when you want to do some work with him and he doesn’t seem able to do it,” McLellan said. “I can’t answer that question fairly either to him, to us, or to anybody outside our team.”