- Tony Gallagher of the Vancouver Province: Canucks GM Mike Gillis and Henrik and Daniel Sedin’s agent, J.P. Barry, met again on Monday for a couple hours.
- The Fourth Period: Two sources saying the Islanders are looking to improve their blueline. They could be looking for a replacement for the injured Lubomir Visnovsky, but one source said they aren’t looking for a short-term fix.
- Insider Trading TSN: LeBrun: There is no real market for Sabres Ryan Miller right now. Sabres GM Darcy Regier said on Monday that there is absolutely nothing going on with regards to Miller. LeBrun thinks that if the Blues Jaroslav Halak isn’t playing well or if he gets injured, the Blues could be a team to watch.McKenzie: The Canadiens could get a deal done with pending free agent defenseman Alexei Emelin soon.
LeBrun: No exchange of numbers between the Maple Leafs and Dion Phaneuf has taken place. They had a quick meeting last week to sort of times for future talks. LeBrun doesn’t think the Leafs are comfortable going higher than $7 million. Phaneuf’s agents will likely ask for eight years, Leafs more comfortable around six.
- Bob McCown: “If Reimer to Oilers deal is going to happen it has to be in the next couple of weeks. At the trade deadline will be too late for Edm.”
- Bill Waters: “$7.1 million for 8 years? Are you kidding? For Phaneuf? I’m sorry, this is an outrageous misrepresentation of his value. 4 years @ $4 million per is risky.” Maple Leafs HS: “”$4 mill is too much for Phaneuf.” Still concerns me to this day that @RealBillWatters once had a hand in running the Leafs.”
- Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie on TSN Radio: ”Buffalo will trade Ryan Miller at the 1st opportunity they get, he will not be re-signed”
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger on TSN Radio: ”I’m sure the Oilers are interested in Reimer, but it’s way too early for the Leafs to consider moving him” … ”if the Leafs were even interested in moving Reimer to Edm or Cgy it would be for a package that is staggering” … “I stand by the fact that the Leafs would not move Reimer for Yakupov”
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger on TSN Radio: ”Regier identified a key roster player from Toronto and offered Vanek, but it wasn’t the right fit for the Leafs”
- Jonathan Willis: Willis wonders if there is a trade for the Oilers to be made with a team like the Flyers, a “shake things up” type of trade.