- John Shannon: Brent Burns hit on Brenden Morrow was looked at but NHL viewed that Morrow threw a reverse hit and Burns won the physical battle.
- Renaud Lavoie: Maxim Lapierre will have an in person hearing for his hit on Dan Boyle. He can refuse an do it over the phone.
- Sean Leahy of Yahoo! Sports: Sharks Logan Couture on Lapierre:
“After the first shift he’s yelling at us from their bench he’s coming after us, then he does that, it’s pretty gutless,” Couture said. “Then he turtles. Be a man if you’re going to make a hit like that. Fight someone. Don’t turtle. Ran right behind the linesman. Nothing else to say about that.”
- Nick Cotsonika: “Lapierre case is interesting. He doesn’t have much of a rap sheet officially, but has long history of borderline hits from behind. This wasn’t the worst boarding incident, but it was an illegal play (suspension) and Boyle was hurt (longer sentence). Remember, request for in-person hearing means only that NHL reserves the right to suspend for six or more. Doesn’t mean it will.”
- David Pollak: Dan Boyle via text: ”I’m OK. That was scary. Hopefully the symptoms will be very minor if any going forward.” Boyle is still in St. Louis and will fly back to San Jose later today.
- Hockey Central: Sharks GM Doug Wilson on Boyle: he was knocked out for ”a considerable amount of time.”