- Mark Masters: Maple Leafs Jake Gardiner on trade rumors: ’You always hear a little bit but I try to stay out of it’ … ’I remember Schenn, it seemed like he was talked about every single day & nothing happened for the longest time.’
- James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail: Gardiner on trade rumors:
“That’s part of the Leafs,” Gardiner said after practice on Wednesday. “Media’s going to speculate about things. It’s part of the business. If something happens then that’s the way it is. You just can’t worry about it.
“You always hear a little, but I try and stay out of that. I remember [Luke] Schenn a couple years ago, it seemed like he was talked about every single day. Then nothing happened for the longest time. It did end up happening, but that happens with every guy in here and you’ve just got to block it out.”
The Leafs plan on being patent with Paul Ranger’s game.
- Gord Stellick on SportsNet: Stellick wonders what the Oilers have to lose by offering Ilya Bryzgalov a one-year deal at a bargain price.
- Chip Alexander: The Hurricanes will need to reassign a defenseman when Tim Gleason returns from his concussion, and it may not be Ryan Murray.
- Mark Spector: There were rumors that Oilers goalie Devan Dubnyk had the largest reduction of goalie pads are no true. ”Thanks for the excuse though,” Dubnyk joked. Only 1.15″