- Michael Smith: The Hurricanes sign Radek Dvorak to a one-year deal, $600,000 NHL deal. He’ll get $125,000 in the AHL, $250,000 is guaranteed.
- Lou Korac: Blues Brenden Morrow is still having visa issues with his status for tonight up in the air.
- Dobber Hockey: Avalanche’s Nathan MacKinnon had his first NHL shift last night with Jamie McGinn and P.A. Parenteau.
- Igor Eronko: Anthony Stewart signed a one-year deal with Avtomobilist of the KHL.
- Adrian Dater via Sulia: Scouting the Avalanche – Ducks game: St. Louis, Winnipeg, Toronto, two from Montreal, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Phoenix and Los Angeles. Interesting that Montreal had two scouts present.
- Katie Carerra of the Washington Post: Capitals Martin Erat seems unsure of his role with the team.
“It’s very frustrating. I don’t know what to think about it. It’s hard, I have no idea what’s happening,” Erat said following practice Wednesday. “If you played 11 years in the league, I don’t think you lose your position in three or four games in the preseason. I don’t know.”
Erat played the right side in Nashville. Was moved to the left side when he arrived in Washington last year. Played two games at center this preseason.