- Luke Fox of SportsNet: Blues RFA Alex Pietrangelo is reportedly looking for nearly $7 million a season, with the Blues hoping to settle on $6 million or less. The Blues are getting close to the cap ceiling and still have RFAs Jake Allen and Magnus Paajarvi to sign.
“There’s been communication. I’m not going to say it’s done yet; there’s definitely a ways to go. It’s kind of a fun thing to go through, the first time you go through these negotiations,” Pietrangelo explained, shortly after chatting privately about his contract status with teammate Brian Elliott. “You try to keep it as internal as you can because you don’t know what direction it’s going, but I enjoy talking to (my teammates) about it. They’re all interested, which means they want me back and they all care.”
- Andrew Gross: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said there is no update on Adam Henrique,but they remain hopeful about negotiations.
- Chris Johnston: Jaromir Jagr’s deal with the Devils is for $2 million base salary with up to $2 million more in bonuses for games played. He’ll get $250,000 for every five games played from games 10 to 45.
- Todd Cordell: Jagr said he’s been talking to the Devils before Ilya Kovalchuk retired. He added that 3 or 4 teams were interested in him.
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washinton: Brooks Laich is the Capitals current second line, but he could move the left side, which is a little weak, if they bring in a center. Center Mikhail Grabovski is an intriguing option for the Capitals. GM George McPhee has said that the free agent market didn’t interest him this summer.
- Darren Dreger: The Kings and Trevor Lewis avoid arbitration with a one-year, $1.325 million deal.