- Bruce Garrioch: Garrioch thinks that the Stars were one of the six teams that called Daniel Alfredsson, joining the Sharks, Canadiens, Bruins and Red Wings.
- Larry Brooks: The Rangers and Ryan McDonagh are “getting closer to a deal.”
- Mike Harrington: Harrington thinks the Sabres should target Damien Brunner or Brenden Morrow.
- Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun: Sportak lists six centers who the Flames should target: Marcus Kruger, Paul Stastny, Peter Mueller, David Perron, Sean Couturier and Damien Brunner.
- Larry Lage of the Globe and Mail: Teams are “very interested” in Jaromir Jagr, but it could take some time before he signs.
“He definitely still wants to play and there is some interest in him,” Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, told The Associated Press on Saturday afternoon. “I think it’s going to take some time, but you never know for sure because there are three teams that are very interested.”
It might also be some time before Daniel Cleary and Mason Raymond sign. Their agent, J.P. Barry
“We’ve touched based with several teams and many of them are being patient at this point,” Barry said Saturday. “We’ve got options for (Cleary and Raymond), but we’re in a holding pattern with each of them because I think everyone is taking a breath this weekend.
“I’ve been through about 15 of these, and there is always a frenzy of moves then a pause to reassess and then a second wave. It’s tough to predict when that second wave will happen, so we’re always on call when teams are ready.”
- Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun: Mikhail Grabovski’s agent, Gary Greenstin, “I never comment on negotiations, but several teams are interested.”
“He’s going to stay here, he’s not going back to the KHL. He wants to win a Stanley Cup. Toronto is a nice spot and he played with great respect for the fans. He wants to come back to that place (the Air Canada Centre) and a score a goal against the Leafs. That would be really fun.”