- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Vincent Lecavalier, Stephen Weiss and Valtteri Filppula all turned down the Blues.
“We were a little bit less (than Detroit and Tampa Bay), but not a lot,” he said. “We didn’t low-ball anybody … we were certainly in the neighborhood that our offer was good enough if they wanted to be here.”
Mikhail Grabovski could be option, but he doesn’t really fit the “play-maker” they are looking for.
- Andy Strickland: The Blues wanted Weiss or Filppula. Not an easy sell to get a player to go to St. Louis compared to Detroit or Tampa Bay.
- Andy Strickland: Blues GM Doug Armstrong said he’s not concerned about a Alex Pietrangelo offer sheet. The new CBA protects teams from deals like Weber’s.
- Chuck Gormly: Mikhail Grabovski could be an option for the Capitals.
- James Mirtle: Mirtle wouldn’t be shocked if Grabovski ended up in the KHL. He’d get a big payday there. Only a couple NHL fits left: Blues and Capitals.