- Dustin Nielson: The Flyers initially asked the Oilers for two second round picks this year and a second next year for Braydon Coburn.
- David Pagnotta: The Flames talked to the Bruins about Tyler Seguin. Unless the Bruins get an amazing offer, Seguin isn’t going anywhere.
- The Fourth Period: The Flames are actively looking to make some moves. They had spoke with Vincent Lecavalier. They continue to entertain offers for Michael Cammalleri. The Flames want to acquire a first or second line center, a top-six forward and a top-four defenseman.
“(Free agency) is something that we don’t believe will necessarily fill all of our needs,” Feaster told the Calgary Herald. “We do feel, though, that there are some needs that we have — we still need to play the games, we still need to be competitive. There are some things that we are going to take a look at.”
- Craig Custance of ESPN: After the signing of Vincent Lecavalier, the Flyers will have to move out a player or two. Trade talks involving Braydon Coburn will pickup again.
- Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: Despite his no-trade clause kicking in on July 1st, the Canucks will continue to shop defenseman Alex Edler. They could use the cap space and 3rd line center.