- Rob Longley: Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis on moving up at the draft: “Our scouts feel there will be a quality player at 21.”
- Tom Gulitti: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello doesn’t rule out trading up or down, depends on opportunity.
- Renaud Lavoie: The Predators are high on Aleksander Barkov and hope to draft him at No. 4 on Sunday.
- Lisa Dillman: Kings GM Dean Lombardi said they would explore trying to get into the first round but is not optimistic of it happening.
- Bruce Garrioch: Senators assist GM Tim Murray said yesterday that they’ve been trying to trade up from the No. 17, but it’s not looking like they can do so.
“The asking prices are still high,” said Murray in the lobby of the club’s Manhattan hotel during a lunch break. “We’ll just keep talking and see what happens.”
One team asked for Kyle Turris and the Senators No. 17 to move up.