- Brett Cyrgalis: The Islanders are not one of the teams inquiring about Roberto Luongo.
- Elliotte Friedman of CBC: Shawn Horcoff’s agent has permission to talk with other teams to see if anyone is interested. Horcoff has to submit a list of 10 teams he would agree to go to by Canada Day. The Lightning are trying to trade Ryan Malone, including a pick for someone to take him. Malone has a no-movement clause until July 1st, then it turns to a limited no-trade. Brad Richards may get a year under Alain Vigneault. Ray Emery may be an option for the Flyers. Friedman wonders if the Senators would approach the Blackhawks about Marian Hossa. Source on the Coyotes: “There is so much going on behind the scenes, you have no idea.”
- Pierre LeBrun: The Sabres would get more for Ryan Miller now than if they waited until the deadline.
“I just have to prepare myself to be a starting goalie and an Olympian,” Miller said via email. “I want to challenge myself to raise my game back to the highest level. Everything else is out of my control.”
Ray Emery in Philadelphia makes sense. The Kings and Rob Scuderi continue to talk. The Devils and David Clarkson’s agent spoke on Tuesday, but no numbers were exchanged. The Penguins and Matt Cook’s side are talking.
- Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun: The Flames are looking to trade up in the draft and confirm that they offered all three of their first round picks for the No. 1.
“Yeah, as a matter of fact,” Feaster replied Tuesday. “I’ve had conversations, not just with Colorado. I’ve had conversations with teams ahead of us, not necessarily offering the same thing in every instance. But certainly, we’ve made not secret about the fact we would like to move up in the draft if we can.”
“Certainly, the one thing that organizationally we’ve identified for some period of time now is that we need to find a top-two centre,” Feaster said. “We’ve also identified that we need to be better in terms of a third- or fourth-line centre, a player who is very, very good on draws. Certainly, we have some holes that we’d like to fill on our blueline.
“So, really, we’re open for business at a lot of different positions as we go into this draft.”
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren doesn’t rule out drafting a goalie with the Flyers 1st round pick.
- Sarah Baicker: Holmgren sees Sean Couturier and Brayden Schenn as untouchables.
- Jason Gregor: Oilers GM Craig MacTavish: ”One of our primary objectives is to get bigger and heavier and that’s something we’re trying to address.”
- Igor Eronko: Sergei Kostitsyn hasn’t signed with Avangard of the KHL, but he’s “close to agreement.”