- Josh Rimer: The Sharks have re-signed Raffi Torres to a 3-year deal. Elliotte Friedman: $6 million over 3 years.
- Pierre LeBrun: The Sabres re-sign Jhonas Enroth to a 2-year deal worth $1.25 million per season.
- Kevin Kurz: Don’t expect the Sharks to pursue Daniel Briere. Belief is he wants to stay in the East.
- TSN: Don’t look for the Canadiens to make any big moves through free agency.
“History shows that free agency isn’t the best tool,” he said. “Free agency to me is a tool but it’s not a way to make your team a top team. It’s overplayed. You have to be careful.”
- Josh Cooper: A report from izvestia.ru is saying that the Predators Sergei Kostitsyn is in talks with Avaangard Omsk of the KHL. The report is saying that the Predators would not object to this. He has a $3 million salary with the Predators for next season. The Predators could suspended him, therefore, not paying him or having this salary cap hit.
“If player is suspended and not being paid, there is no cap charge,” Daly said.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Simon Gagne is waiting to hear from the Flyers regarding a new contract.
“I had two really good meetings, with both ‘Lavy’ [coach Peter Laviolette] and ‘Homer’ after the season ended,” Gagne said yesterday from Quebec City. “They thought that I did a lot of good things toward the end of the season and liked what I brought to the team.
“Right now, they have some money issues, which would prevent us from doing anything. The salary cap is complicated and there are rules.
“My agent has kept in touch with ‘Homer’ and he told us that he would call us before the draft.”