- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Blackhawks Bryan Bickell’s play during the playoffs will have many teams interested, including the Red Wings. The Red Wings will be talking with Daniel Cleary next week. The Red Wings may also take a look at Viktor Stalberg who is coming off of a two-year deal for $1.75 million. Bruins Nathan Horton may be an attractive addition, though he’s red-flagged due to his concussion history.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: The Red Wings want to sign Damien Brunner before July 5th, but determining market value hasn’t been easy. The Red Wings may be hesitate for go more than $2.5 million or more than 3 years.
“I guess I have to think about it in the next couple of weeks and talk to my agent and Kenny (general manager Holland), and then we’ll see what’s going on,” Brunner said during locker clean-out day on May 31.
“It was exciting and a lot of fun; my first NHL season and I get a chance to play with the Red Wings,” Brunner said. “It was an honor to put that sweater on and I’m happy that it turned out the way it did.”
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Free agent defenseman that could be available when free agency kicks off July 5th: Ryan Whitney, Marek Zidlickly, Joe Corvo, Andrew Ference and Ron Hainsey. Looking to trade for someone like Coyotes Keith Yandle would cost young players or blue-chip prospects. There is a chance that some new names becomes free agents if their current team uses a compliance buyout on them after the Cup Final.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: The Blues have let Jamie Langenbrunner know that they won’t be offering him a contract for next season. He hopes to play one more season. The Blues could offer him a PTO.
- Corey Pronman: Oilers Garrett Stafford signed in the SEL.
- Igor Eronko: Ducks Kyle Wilson signed with Dinamo Riga.