- Dan Rosen: Rangers Ryane Clowe practiced for the first time yesterday since being injured in Game 5 against the Capitals.
- Craig Custance: Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser is getting close to returning as his cast was to come off yesterday.
- Renaud Lavoie: Senators Daniel Alfredsson picked up the puck after last night’s game. Lavoie wonders if it was his last game in Ottawa. Ian Mendes: When asked about picking up the puck, Alfredsson said: “because I’ve got a lot of kids at home.” Alfredsson on if it was his last home game: “The focus goes into this game. Whatever happens, happens. It’s not something I’m thinking about.”
- Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Penguins Chris Kunitz didn’t finish last night’s game as a precaution.
- Andrew Gross of the Bergon Record: Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman only had one shift in the second period and sat out the third period in Game 3. He was hit into the boards by Milan Lucic.
“He’s played so well that’s a big blow for us as far as our matches and just our depth within our defense,” coach John Tortorella said.