- Mike Vogl: Capitals re-sign Eric Fehr to a 2-year, $3 million deal. $1.4 million next year, $1.6 million in 2014-15. Aaron Volpatti signed a 2-year, $1.15 million deal with the Capitals. $550,000 next year and $600,000 in 2014-15.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Drew Miller said that he doesn’t require surgery on his broken right hand. Out 4 to 6 weeks. Best case is that he’s back late 2nd round.
- Farhan Lalji: GM Mike Gillis said that Cory Schneider’s injury is not serious and that if it were a playoff game, Schneider could “perhaps” play.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Kings Dustin Brown received a two game suspension and Wild’s Jason Pominville is day-to-day with an upper-body injury. The Wild haven’t called it a concussion.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings Johan Franzen suffered an injury in last night’s game. GM Ken Holland said he’ll be re-evaluated this morning, and if he isn’t able to play, Mikael Samuelsson is ready to go. Todd Bertuzzi will play tonight. He almost played last night, but decided that he needed one more good practice.
“I really wanted to play,” Bertuzzi said, “but I need to do one more skate. I need to be able to get pushing and shoving with the defensemen down low, I need to take a cross-check in the back, I need to be able to spin off and I need to be able to stop and start and take off with the puck.”
- Mark Lazerus: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville won’t name his No. 1 goalie: ” Right now we’re just going along here and we’ll see how it plays out.”
- Bruce Garrioch: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators.
- St. Louis Blues: Brian Elliott will start in net for the Blues.