- Howard Erskin: (FOX 29 TV / 94WIP Radio) Had been told that Sidney Crosby is likely out for the rest of the season with concussion symptoms. Bob McKenzie: Penguins GM Ray Shero: ”Sid suffered a broken jaw. Contrary to recent rumors there is no sign of any concussion symptoms or concussion at this time. We will continue to monitor things as we go forward but at this time we are dealing with a broken jaw.”
- Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star: Leafs Joffrey Lupul left last night’s game after getting sandwiched by Flyers Jay Rosehill and Adam Hall. Lupul didn’t talk after the game. Coach Randy Carlyle said that Lupul felt “fine” and is “50-50″ for practicing today.
- James Murphy of ESPN: Bruins Chris Kelly skated yesterday morning and expects to return from a broken tibia soon.
“It’s been good,” Kelly said of the recovery process. “Obviously hard work but it’s been good. I never really had a timetable to be honest. It just depends on how you feel. Every day you come in and if you feel good you put pressure on a little more and if you feel worse, then you scale back. It’s felt better and better every day which is good. I’m trying to push myself as hard as I can go and I skated by myself for a few days and today was the first day with the guys so I’m just going to keep pushing it and pushing it until I’m back playing.”
Kelly will travel with team to Montreal and will continue skating with them.
- Ted Kulfan: Red Wings Damian Brunner looks to have a hip flexor and is not likely for tonight.
- Chris Nichols: Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman left last night’s game with a lower-body injury.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild’s Dany Heatley is out for an undetermined time and should be returning home today.