From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Aaron Portzline: The Blue Jackets are dangling the the 1st round pick that they acquired from the LA Kings. They won’t trade it for a rental player.
- John Vogl: Sabres Ryan Miller won’t say if he’s handed in his eight-team no-trade list and won’t comment if he’s talked with Darcy Regier. Seth Rorabaugh: Miller on possibly being traded: ”I’m not going to worry about it… It’s part of the business… You don’t have a say in anything.” On approving a trade: “I’m not going to comments on conversations I’ve had with (GM) Darcy (Regier), real or imagined.”
- Damien Cox: Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis didn’t talk to the Canucks yesterday about Roberto Luongo.
- David Pagnotta: The Maple Leafs and Canucks will resume talks today. The Canucks are now asking about Nikolai Kulemin or Clarke MacArthur.
- Darren Dreger: Hurricanes defenseman Joni Pitkanen will be out for three months with an ankle injury.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris confirmed that he’s submitted a list of 8 teams that he’d waive his no-trade clause for. From Morris: ”Whatever management does is what they think will make this organization and this team better. But that being said, we don’t want to see anybody in this locker room move.”
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: It would take a significant offer for the Senators to move goalie Ben Bishop. Daniel Alfredsson said he’d be okay if the Senators were quiet.
“We like the situation we are in, with more players returning from injuries and joining us on trips, so even if we don’t anything, we still have some nice additions.”