From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Bruce Garrioch: A lot of teams will see where they stand after last night to determine what they’ll be doing at the deadline.
- Bob McKenzie of TSN: “Under the right circumstances” the Maple Leafs could add a veteran goalie. Nonis may be leaning more towards Miikka Kiprusoff than Roberto Luongo. The Leafs are trying to find out if Kiprusoff would consider leaving Calgary. The Canucks asking price hasn’t dropped that much. Not including Nazem Kadri, but still looking for a center, Tyler Bozak, a prospect and a pick.
- Damien Cox: Cox guesses there is a 60% chance that the Maple Leafs will stick with James Reimer and Ben Scrivens, 15% Miikka Kiprusoff, 15% Robert Luongo and 10% something else.
- Jimmy Murphy: Murphy’s sleeper deal: Mike Smith to the Leafs. Smith is on the IR, but if he’s OK, he may not cost much more than either Luongo or Kiprusoff.
- The Fourth Period: The Leafs and Canucks had talks this week, but it may take another team to get a trade done according to a source. Nikolai Kulemin, John-Michael Liles, Korbinian Holzer, Tyler Biggs, Stuart Percy and Jesse Blacker have been attached to a possible trade. The Leafs are open to moving Bozak, but would need to find a replacement for him right away. Derek Roy has been tied to the Leafs. Mike Ribeiro may become available, but the price would be higher. The Flames are taking calls on Alex Tanguay. The Oilers aren’t shopping Shawn Horcoff, but they are taking calls. Liles would have to be apart of the deal due to salaries, $5.5 million to $3.875 million. The Leafs have asked about Sam Gagner, but it would take a package that includes Morgan Reilly.
- The Fourth Period: The Kings have inquired about Flames Alex Tanguay and Cory Sarich. The Kings want add a stay-at-home defenseman. The cost to get Sarich shouldn’t be that high. The Kings are also looking at Sabres Robyn Regehr. Winger Drew Stafford has also been part of talks.