- The Fourth Period: The Devils are looking to add goal scorer by the deadline. Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger,
“There is no question in my mind a splash usually upsets things. Adding pieces complements,” Lamoriello told the paper. “That’s not saying it will always be the case, but adding pieces would be more the norm (for the Devils).”
The Devils are said to be interested in Stars Jaromir Jagr.
“The timing is everything,” Lamoriello said. “But if we can get better, depending on what the price is, we’ll do what we’ve always done in the past and see where things fall.”
- John Glennon of the Tennessean: Predators Mike Fisher injured his hand blocking a shot last night. X-rays were inconclusive.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Senators GM Bryan Murray said yesterday that center Jason Spezzamay not return this season.
“(Erik) Karlsson and (Spezza) are real borderline at this time,” said Murray.
Spezza is still experiencing pain and hasn’t been back on the ice lately. Stars Derek Roy and Jaromir Jagr would be nice fits, but GM Joe Nieuwendyk is looking for a first round pick in return.
- Arthur Staple: The Islanders contract with Lubomir Visnovsky could be done soon.
- Mike Corcoran: Scouting the Lightning-Devils game: Wild, 3 Penguins, 3 Red Wings, Flames, Senators and Blackhawks. Hawks and Wings are usually regualrs.