From twitter unless noted otherwise
- Roger Millions: Flames defenseman Jay Bouwmeester admits that he’s talked with management about the possibility for a trade. As many as 6 teams are interested.
- Helene Elliott: Elliott wonders if the Kings would be interested in Bouwmeester. Next season’s $6.8 million salary cap may scare them off.
- Roger Millions: There have also been inquiries about Flames defenseman Mark Giordano. Millions can’t see the Flames trading him.
- Sarah McLellan: McLellan thinks GM Maloney would listen to offers for Keith Yandle, but it would take a lot for him to get trade.
- Andy Strickland of True Hokey: Sabres Ryan Miller’s name is picking up steam. His list of 8 teams that he won’t accept a trade to was handed in at the beginning of the season. Miller might entertain a move out of Buffalo as he want to win. Are the Blackhawks that comfortable with their goaltending?The Kings and Blues have been tied to Sabres Robyn Regehr. Strickland isn’t sure on how interested the Blues are. Regehr’s skating is an issue. He might be the best veteran shutdown defenseman that is available though.Sources say that Sharks GM Doug Wilson will only trade Ryane Clowe if he gets exactly what he wants in return. Wilson may be looking for a roster player in return.
The Blues will likely only trade draft picks and prospects, not roster players.
Blues prospect Drimitrij Jaskin is working on a buyout with his Czech Republic team, opening the door to sign with the Blues.
- The Fourth Period: The Ducks are still looking for a second line center. The OC Register is saying the will now give Peter Holland a try, but GM Bob Murray would like to bring in some more fire power. They have shown interest in Stars Derek Roy and Capitals Mike Ribeiro, but nothing is imminent. If the Capitals move him, they are believed to be looking for a high pick and top prospect. There are some reports that the Ducks and Flyers have talked about moving Bobby Ryan for a package including Sean Courturier. That may be more of a trade for the offseason and not for a team looking to make a run this year.