From twitter unless noted otherwise
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger on TSN Radio: ”Leafs haven’t spoken to Vancouver in a long time about Luongo or anyone else.”
- Todd Cordell: Dreger on TSN Radio: Daniel Briere to the Canadiens for a draft could happen if Briere is healthy and if willing to waive his no-trade clause.
- Spector’s Hockey: Dreger speculates that the Ducks and Flyers could do a Sean Couturier for Bobby Ryan swap. Spector pointing out that likely in the offseason and not now. Richardson also adds that it’s not a certainty that the Ducks will move Ryan in the summer. Depends on how they want to spend $10.8 million in cap space for 7 roster spots.
- Darren Dreger: Twitter noise of the Leafs interest in Miikka Kiprusoff as reported on TSN. Of course the Maple Leafs would inquire if he is available. Doing their due diligence. The Leafs would like to add a veteran goalie, but don’t confuse interest with trade talks or offers. If the Flames make Kiprusoff available, calls would be made.
- Elliotte Friedman of CBC: Things remain tight lipped around Jarome Iginla and Flames. Iginla did say:
“Honestly, we’ve made it this far in the year. There is a lot of speculation — about our team and me individually. Now, with an important win for our team, it will work itself out in whatever it is — a week away. I don’t want to contribute to it.”
The Flames had hoped Iginla would expand the list a bit. Would the Blues be interested? Iginla controls his fate with the no-movement clause. Friedman has heard Iginla may consider going to the Ducks and Canucks.
There is interest in Miikka Kiprusoff and his $1.5 million 2013-14 salary. The asking price is high. He has been hurt and before Sunday his save percentage was .866.
The Penguins still have cap room, and Coyotes GM Don Maloney has been following them around.
The Stars goal is to re-sign Jaromir Jagr and not trade him.
The Coyotes coach staff remains unsigned for next season. The league is willing to re-sign them, but they want to know the future of the organization first.
The Oilers GM Steve Tambellini on Ladislav Smid: ”We’ve had serious talks.”
Tambellini shot down possibility of a Shawn Horcoff trade.
Panthers GM Dale Tallon said Brian Campbell isn’t going anywhere. He has $21.4 million left over three years, and there was talk that if they ate about $2 million of his contact, there could be lots of interest.
Jets prospect Jacob Trouba will decide this week if he’ll turn pro.
The Blue Jackets will start contract talks with Sergei Bobrovsky. A comparable could be Semyon Varlamov’s 3 years, $8.5 million.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: It’s doubtful that Blues GM Doug Armstrong with mess with their forward group now that they are back to 100% healthy. Winger Chris Stewart has been mentioned in trade rumors, but he seems to fit into their plans, unless they think it would cost to much to re-sign him. Armstrong has been looking to improve the left side of his blue line since last summer. Trading for Jay Bouwmeester could be one option, but at $6.6 million for next season, it may not fit.