From twitter unless noted otherwise
- Wes Gilbertson: Two reports out of Boston are that the Flames could target goalie Malcolm Subban in any Jarome Iginla talks.
- James Murphy of ESPN: 3 sources have said that Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli had been interested in Brenden Morrow, along with Ryane Clowe and Jarome Iginla. So far he’s found the prices too high. All three sources added the Bruins don’t have the high-end defensive prospect the Flames want to go along with a 1st round pick and a roster player. The Flames would want Malcolm Subban. The Bruins continue to work on a contract extension with Tuukka Rask. One source wondered if Subban, Rich Peverley and 1st round pick would get it done for the Flames.
- Joe Haggerty: Haggerty is hearing that the Bruins could be in on other top-six forwards aside from Iginla. Maybe Jaromir Jagr or Martin St. Louis? The Flames asking price for Iginla may be too high.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The Penguins still have the cap room to add Jarome Iginla, and hope to do so. There may be a sense of urgency with the Bruins after the Penguins addition of Brenden Morrow and Douglas Murray.The Stars and Jaromir Jagr have begun contract extension talks.
The Stars have talked to the Senators about a Derek Roy. Roy is from Ottawa. The Senators may not want to pay a big price for him though.
There is a lot of interest in Ryane Clowe, but the asking price is too high according to one team executive.
Teams have been asking the Canucks about Roberto Luongo the last little bit, but they’ve also been asking about Cory Schneider. It’s unlikely they’d move Schneider even though they could get more for him. Sounding like any trade will have to wait until the offseason.
One team executive said almost everyone in Buffalo is available. Defenseman Jordan Leopold’s name is out there a lot.
Mark Streit’s agent is expected to start contract extension talks with the Islanders this week.
- Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald: Flames Curtis Glencross’ name keeps coming up in trade talks. He’d be a nice fit in Boston. The Flames had two scouts at the Bruins-Leafs game last night. If the Bruins don’t trade for Iginla, other pending UFAs are: Jaromir Jagr, Derek Roy, Eric Nystrom and Ryane Clowe. Bruins coach Claude Julien doesn’t think the trade talk is affecting his players.
“I don’t think anybody in there is worried about that,” said Julien. “We’re trying to improve our team and that’s the thing that happens every year. I haven’t heard a peep in that dressing room about guys worried about getting moved. I think if we can make our team better, so be it, and we look forward to that. But right now, what we’ve got is what we’ve got, and we’re still good enough to win hockey games. That’s what we’re focused on.”