- Joe Yerdon of Pro Hockey Talk: Through translation of a Renaud Lavoie entry, Jarome Iginla submitted a list of four teams he’d accept a trade too: Bruins, Blackhawks, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: If the Stars were looking for a major overhaul, could they look at trading Loui Eriksson? The Rangers would be interested. The Stars could make Jaromir Jagr, Derek Roy and Eric Nystrom available.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Flames GM Jay Feaster sent an email to all teams letting them know that defenseman Anton Babchuk and Cory Sarich are available. Both players have no-trade clauses.
- Lisa Dillman via twitter: Dillman would be surprised if the Kings didn’t take a look at Cory Sarich. Sarich was a Sutter point at one point in time.
- Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times: Capitals Mike Ribeirosaid he’d like to re-sign but it would be on him terms/long-term. He is looking for a 4 or 5 year deal.
“If we can agree to a long-term [contract], then I’ll be more than happy to stay here,” Ribeiro said. “But I don’t know if I’m looking for two years and change place and then another two years. I don’t think I want that. So we’ll see what we’re going to come to.”
“Five years for me is long term,” he said. “Two, three years I don’t think it’s long term. It’s short-term. Two, three is short term. Four, five, six [is] long-term. Then 10 years like Ovi, that’s a marriage thing.”
“I didn’t think it was the right time to talk about contract then, but now that we’re getting closer to the trade deadline and team’s doing better now, there will be big decisions next week to be made,” Ribeiro said.
- Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune: It may be a slow trade deadline day for the Lightning. Nate Thompson may have received the most interest, but he isn’t going anywhere now. Some teams might be interested in Marc-Andre Bergeron as a depth defenseman. Erlendsson doesn’t see Martin St. Louis being traded. Ryan Malone’s shoulder injury may keep teams away. Sami Salo has a modified no-movement and would leave a veteran hole on the blue line next season if he were traded. Eric Brewer may get some interest, but he has two years left on his contract and has a modified no-trade clause.