- Pittsburgh Penguins via twitter: The Penguins have put Evgeni Malkin on the IR retroactive to February 22nd.
- Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press: Antti Miettinen’s return from a concussion lasted 17 seconds as a puck rod up his stick and ”hit him in an uncomfortable area.” He’s day-to-day. Miettinen was the player whose skate cut Zach Redmond. Dustin Byfuglien left last night in the 3rd period.
“It’s nothing to do with the (injury) he had previous to this,” Noel said. “It’s just a new thing. It’s day-to-day. We’ll reassess him tomorrow and see how he’s doing.”
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: The Stars expect to be without defenseman Aaron Rome for an extended period of time due to a foot injury. Defenseman Philip Larsen didn’t travel with the team due to an upper body injury. Jamie Oleksiak has been recalled.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals defenseman Mike Green said he’s ready to return to the lineup tomorrow.
- Don Brennan via twitter: Senators goalie Craig Anderson ”went for a couple of twirls but I wouldn’t call it a skate,” according coach Paul MacLean.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Senators Milan Michalek skated and there is a chance that he practices with the team this week.
- Ken Warren via twitter: Senators Jason Spezza skated before practice for the first time since back surgery.