- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators GM Bryan Murray: ”I’ve made some calls about different players. Nobody willing to give me a player for a player not in league yet.”
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said they are not going to make a major deal.
“I think we have a nucleus of good, young players,” Holmgren said Tuesday night before the Flyers’ taunt 3-2 win over the Jets.
“To talk about disrupting that is not something that I am in favor of doing. We have not played exactly how I thought we would have played.
“We’re missing some key people [Scott Hartnell and Andrej Meszaros] right now. We can’t use that as an excuse. Other teams have similar issues going. We’re going to ride this out for now.
“I don’t anticipate doing anything. Obviously, there is lots of talk going on right now. Everyone is doing their due diligence, but I don’t foresee us making a move.”
- TSN Radio via twitter: Darren Dreger: ”Toronto Maple Leafs would love to get their hands on Ryan O’Reilly.” … “”Leafs want to make the playoffs, but they are also keenly aware of developing within” … ”Gardiner is still borderline untouchable when you talk to Leafs management” … ”It would take a blockbuster for the #Leafs to consider trading Jake Gardiner”
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Money is just one of the issues in the Ryan O’Reilly and Colorado Avalanche situation. There are several “petty and egocentric” side issues on both sides. Many people think that O’Reilly thought he would have been named captain and was hurt when he wasn’t.
- The Fourth Period: The Buffalo Sabres are believed to be one of the teams interested in O’Reilly. It is unclear how serious talks between the Sabres and Avs have been and what GM Darcy Regier is willing to give up. Regier doesn’t seem to have interest in moving Mikhail Grigorenko, Cody Hodgson or Tyler Ennis. Marcus Foligno is someone the Avs may look at. Other teams looking at O’Reilly are the Maple Leafs, Panthers, Islanders, Flyers and Jets.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: O’Reilly’s dad had some things to say on twitter:
“Will Ryan be back with the Avs?”, @coachbri1 said this: “sorry the ave’s (sic) don’t want him or place value on what he brings. They practice external control boss management.”
“Sure he loved it there and thought the fans were the best. So many great players the ave’s dump because of their management style $$$$$.”