- Anaheim Ducks via twitter: From Bruce Boudreau: Jonas Hiller’s lower-body injury is improving and should skate today. Defenseman Cam Fowler, out with an upper-body injury, is unlikely to play on the rest of their road trip.
- Chris Johnston of Sportsnet: Maple Leafs James Reimer was helped off the ice by John-Michael Liles with a leg injury and will undergo tests today.
“We don’t think it’s that serious at this point,” said Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. “He shouldn’t miss any extended period of time. … He’s probably going to miss some time, but it won’t be a long drawn out process.”
- Lou Korac via twitter: Blues Jaroslav Halak re-injured his groin in warmups. Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Coach Ken Hitchcock didn’t know Halak’s status moving forward.
- Erik Erlendsson via twitter: Lightning GM Steve Yzerman doesn’t think that Ryan Malone’s injury will be long-term. He’s been battling with the injury and it flared up during the pregame warmup.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson left in the 3rd period of last night’s game after taking a check from Coyotes Martin Hanzal. He appeared to injury his shoulder or chest. Patrick Bordeleau also left the game with a hand injury. Matt Duchene, Milan Hejduk and Jamie McGinn left during the game but did return.