- St. Louis Blue via twitter: The Blues activated goalie Jaroslav Halak from the IR and assigned Jake Allen to Peoria.
- Ed Tait via twitter: Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien has been out the last 5 games with a lower-body injury, but said yesterday that he is ready to get back into the lineup. Defenseman Zach Bogosian is also close to returning.
“We want to make sure we give him an opportunity to succeed, that’s the first thing,” said Noel of Bogosian. “It’ll be a day-to-day decision with him. I know what you’re going to ask me: ‘Will he be in the game Tuesday?’ I can’t answer that question today. I don’t know if it’s enough time yet and I’d have to check with the medical people to see how he responds tomorrow to practice and go from there.
“I think his conditioning level is pretty good, that’s not going to be the issue. It’s more of the risk and how sore it is and how flexible (his wrist) is.”
- Shelly Anderson via twitter: The Penguins have put defenseman Kris Letang on the IR retroactive to the Islanders game to make room for Joe Morrow.
- Adam Kimelman via twitter: The Flyers have put goalie Michael Leighton on the IR with an upper-body injury and recalled Brian Boucher.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Devils Lou Lamoriello on Dainius Zubrus’ injury: ”Upper body. Nothing yet on him until he is re-evaluated.”
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Avalanche Matt Hunwick (torso) didn’t practice yesterday and won’t play tonight. Barrie is back in.
- Farhan Lalji via twitter: Canucks Ryan Kesler said he ”can see the light at the end of the tunnel” and that his return to the lineup is ”just around the corner.”