- Wes Gilbertson via twitter: The Calgary Flames have signed goalie Danny Taylor, who was playing with Abbotsford Heat on an AHL only deal. Miikka Kiprusoff is day-to-day.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Miikka Kiprusoff: “I really believe that this is a short term injury and over the next days, I’ll work toward being ready as soon as possible.”
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Flyers Wayne Simmonds returned to practice yesterday for the first time since suffering a concussion last Friday.
“I think everything went well today,” Simmonds said. “I feel good today, especially. I really don’t know what’s going to happen. We’ll have to see, I honestly couldn’t tell you whether I can play or not, it’s for the medical staff to decide. It’s obviously a touchy thing and you don’t want to push it.”
He’s listed as day-to-day and could return tonight. Simmonds has been headache-free the “entire time.”
- Eric Stephen via twitter: Ducks defenseman Cam Fowler has been put on the IR with an upper body injury. He’ll miss their games against the Stars and Blues. He’ll hopefully join them on their trip.
- Mark Spector: Jason Arnott has been “cleared to play” and has “a few things ongoing with NHL clubs” according to his brother/agent, Wade Arnott.