- Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times: Blackhawks Dave Bolland’s injury isn’t as serious as first thought. He’s day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
“He’s going to be all right,” Quenneville said. “You’re always concerned about the worst, but he’s not doing too bad today.”
Coach Joel Quenneville won’t put a number on how many games Bolland will be out for.
- Aaron Portzline and Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch: Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski slammed back first into the board and was on the ice for several minutes. Coach Todd Richards said after the game that he likely has a concussion, with leg or back injuries.
“It’s awful,” [Jack] Johnson said. “Just the way he’s lying there, it’s pretty scary. It’s a guy on our team, but even if it’s a guy on the other team … the Wings were just as concerned.
“Once we saw him talking and moving, it made us feel good because we knew he’d be all right.”
- Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe: Bruins Brad Marchand injured his shoulder in the 2nd period. He didn’t return for the 3rd period, but it was more of a precaution.
“He could have played in a pinch,’’ said Julien. “He wanted to keep going, but we don’t want to lose players long term. We are going to be cautious with our guys.’’
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Blues Jaroslav Halak has a lower-body injury.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Maple Leafs Clarke MacArthur thinks he’ll be able to play on Monday.
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: Canadiens Max Pacioretty could return to the lineup today after missing 7 1/2 days after an appendectomy.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: There were 12 scouts from 10 teams at the Maple Leafs/Bruins game last night.
- Syzmon Szemberg via twitter: Marco Sturm signs with Kolner Haie, Cologne of the German DEL.
- James Gordon via twitter: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators.