- Eric Macramalla via twitter: “Coyotes sale has reportedly fallen apart (again); I’m shocked; NHL in 2015: expansion teams in Quebec/Ontario and Coyotes in Seattle” David Shoalts via twitter: “Greg Jamison is out as prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner. Someone is making attempts to put a new group together but it’s a huge longshot.” Ken Campbell via twitter: Source that has close ties to the NHL ownership on Greg Jamison: ”He hasn’t raised a dollar.”
- L.A. Lariviere via twitter: Jamison will put out a statement soon confirming that he can’t come up with the money needed to buy the Coyotes.
- Paul Giblin of the Arizona Republic: (h/t - @SpectorsHockey) Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said that Greg Jamison’s attorney called late Wednesday night looking for an extension on the arena management deal. The deadline is 11:59 pm [last night].
“The bottom line is that Jamison himself hasn’t talked with me,” Weiers said. “I do know that a group trying to help Jamison or trying to get involved with Jamison – however you want to word it – they’re trying to figure out a way to keep his deal afloat.”
On extending the deadline, Weiers said:
“Obviously, we’re not going to do that.”
Weiers also added that two new groups contacted him [Wednesday] night with interest in purchasing the team.
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Coyotes goalie Mike Smith said he’s ready to go [tonight].
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said that if the Penguins put Zach Boychuk back on waivers at some point during the year, the Hurricanes would claim him.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Cam Janssen clears waivers and the Devils have assigned him to Albany.