- Adrian Dater via twitter: Avs Gabriel Landeskog has head and leg injuries. The Avalanche are not saying it’s a concussion, but they are not saying it isn’t. Concussions have a tendency surface a day to two after the hit. It’s not known if he has one, but he could. The Avalanche later updated Landeskog injury, saying it may only be a day-to-day thing.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Predators Patric Hornqvist will be out for 3 to 4 weeks with a sprained knee. There was no structural damage.
“It’s not a good thing to be missing any player and player of his caliber,” general manager David Poile said. “But all in all, we didn’t know what the situation would be, so it could have been worse.”
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Sabres Tomas Vanek felt much better yesterday than he did on Sunday, but it’s not known fore sure if he’ll play [tonight].
“If it’s just a game tomorrow and then you have four days in between, you think about it a little harder,” Vanek said. “In the end, since we play every other day or back to backs, there’s no point at playing at 70 or 80 percent. you’re not going to help the team.”
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals forward Brooks Laich will travel with the team to Ottawa and Toronto. He’s been out all year with a groin injury.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: The Stars have Derek Roy on the IR retroactive to January 24th.