- Westside Insider in the Arizona Republic: Greg Jamison told the Arizona Republic that he expects to have the team purchased by Wednesday or Thursday.
“There’s a lot happening. We’re moving forward. There will be an announcement before the end of the week,” Jamison said Monday morning.
“There are a lot of moving parts. It’s very difficult to explain how many moving parts there are to put it all together. Rather than constantly going into that with people – people are a little tired of hearing that – I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other, at an appropriate time,” he said.
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: P.K. Subban will be joining teammates on Wednesday morning in Ottawa.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Mika Zibanejad joined the Senators for practice and could play tonight.
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: The Bruins have told defenseman Dougie Hamilton that he won’t be heading back to junior and will be staying in the NHL.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: The Ducks have yet to make a decision on Rickard Rakell, to send him to junior or keep him in the NHL. He’s only played in 3 games so far.
“I defer that to the boss,” Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said, referring to GM Bob Murray. “We’ve got five games. We still have the whole weekend to make a decision.”
“He hasn’t played a tremendous amount but he looks comfortable there,” he said. “He accepts responsibility he can skate. He’s not afraid. He’s doing a lot of good things. One day, whether it’s tomorrow or five years from now, he’s going to be a very good hockey player.”