- L.A. Lariviere via twitter: P.K. Subban’s agent, Don Meehan, said he’ll have an update this evening.
- Sean Gordon of the Globe and Mail: Subban will meet with his agent this today in Toronto, and then Meehan will touch base with the Canadiens. Subban was to be spending the weekend thinking about the next step. The Canadiens are off to a good start, and their power-play is clicking, but they don’t have anyone that can eat the minutes that Subban does. There hasn’t been any sense that the Canadiens have any desire to trade him.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: The Flyers have held no internal talks about P.K. Subban, and none with the Canadiens despite the reports.
- The Fourth Period: Teemu Selanne told the LA Times he will see how his body recovers from the short season before deciding if he’ll retire or play another year.
“I expect to know at some point how my body’s holding up, and how much I enjoy this,” Selanne said. “So far, it’s been quite easy. I know I can play. I usually wait a month after the season to decide, and every time I feel like, ‘It’s time now.’ So that’s good. This is a hobby still.”
“I just hope I can stay healthy, enjoy it and play well,” Selanne said. “I know what I can do for this team, so hopefully I’m going to do it.
“I play because I enjoy this game.”
- John Lu via twitter: Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin and coach Michel Therrien told Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk this morning that they will be staying with the team. Bob McKenzie via twitter: Galchenyuk and Jonathan Huberdeau where told they are staying. Bruins Dougie Hamilton could be next to be told that he’s staying.