- Adam Kimelman of NHL.com: Flyers winger Scott Hartnell will be out 4 to 8 weeks with broken first metatarsal in his left foot according to GM Paul Holmgren.
“Right now we’re trying to decide, talking to the doctor, what the best way to proceed is as far as how to approach this,” Holmgren said before the Flyers’ game against the New York Rangers. “I can’t give you a time frame. It’s probably going to be between four to eight weeks. … Obviously it’s a significant injury.”
Holmgren on Daniel Briere:
“He’s getting better,” Holmgren said. “I would say he’s maybe 50-50 on the weekend. I’ll have a better idea after the game.”
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Henrik Zetterberg skated with Damien Brunner and Johan Franzen. Pavel Datsyuk stated with Valtteri Filppula and Todd Bertuzzi. Filppula left practice early to rest his knee. Forwards Darren Helm and Todd Bertuzzi, defenseman Jakub Kindl should be available tonight. Jonathan Ericsson will be a game-time decision.
- Bob Mitchell of the Toronto Star: Maple Leafs winger Joffrey Lupul will be out for at least 6 weeks with a fractured forearm.
- Jason Gregor via twitter: Kings winger Simon Gagne had a tumor the size of a tennis ball removed from his neck in the summer. Headache free now.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Panthers Stephen Weiss has a lower body injury.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets Cam Atkinson is day-to-day with a lower body injury.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Flyers Andrej Meszaros has an upper-body injury, more will be known today. Frank Seravalli via twitter: Meszaros injured the same shoulder back in 2009. Missed 6 months after having surgery for a labrum tear.
- Phoenix Coyotes via twitter: Coyotes center Matthew Lombardi left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Josh Brown via twitter: Dallas Stars prospect Radek Faksa is out 4 to 6 weeks with a MCL injury.