- Adrian Dater via twitter: Avalanche GM Greg Sherman says that talks continue with Ryan O’Reilly’s agent, Mark Guy. The Avalanche have 2 offers that are on the table: 5 years and $17 million and 2 years and $7 million. The Avs are looking at a deal in the $3.5 million per season range, similar to Matt Duchene. O’Reilly is looking for something in the $5 million range.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Mirtle doesn’t see how you don’t start P.K. Subban negotiations in the $4 million range.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Canucks coach Alain Vigneault planned to rotate his goaltenders in back to back games regardless of the outcomes. Corey Schneider allowed 5 goals on 14 shots on Saturday night before being pulled for Luongo. Luongo lost 3-2 in a shootout yesterday. Vigneault wouldn’t name is starter for Wednesday. Ryan Kesler may begin practicing in 7 to 10 games. Vigneault on starting Luongo,
“It has been a plan I figured out a couple of days ago and nothing changed my mind.”
Dan Tencer via twitter: “I understand that the plan all along was to go to Roberto in game 2. But if Schneider is your guy, you don’t let him sit after last night. You go back to Schneider and tell the kid you believe in him, no matter what. Showcase Luongo later. Not when your future needs your belief.”
- George Richards via twitter: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators tonight against Jose Theodore and the Panthers.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Scott Gomez had more testing with the San Jose Sharks yesterday. No contract is signed yet.
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Ray Emery will be starting in net for the Blackhawks.