- Nick Kypreos via twitter: “Note on new compliance buyout agreement. Player consent needed to buy player out and player cap hit must be 3M+ Next summer reg rules apply “
- Larry Brooks via twitter: The NHL, NHLPA and Rangers were discussing scenarios in which the Rangers could exercise a compliance buyout on Redden now with retaining the AHL cap hit.
- Larry Brooks via twitter: There is a new agreement, and compliance buyouts can be used on Wade Redden with the Rangers taking a $5.6 million salary cap hit even if Redden signs with another team. He’ll be a UFA. This option is now available to the Canadiens and Scott Gomez, and every other NHL team.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: In the new compliance buyout agreement, the 1st buyout window starts prior to the season opener. The 2nd buyout remains in the summer. The cap hit will remain with the team for this season.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Any team can use the ‘accelerated compliance buyout’ before Saturday’s season opener. Teams like the Rangers and Canadiens would take the cap hit for this year, but not for next season. The player would get 100% of the buyout this year and not 2/3′s of the deal. No saving for the team.
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers assistant GM, Mike Santos, hasn’t spoken with Dmitry Kulikov’s agent in two days. Reports of the Panthers and Kulikov coming to terms is way off. Harvey Fialkov via twitter: Also notes that Santos and Kulikov’s agent haven’t talked in 48 hours and are not close to a deal.