- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Marian Gaborik practiced with the Rangers yesterday and expects to be ready for the start of the season. For almost all of his career he’s played right wing, but he lined up on the left side yesterday.
“Torts [coach John Tortorella] told me that’s where he’d like to see me, so I’m going to prepare and practice at left wing,” said Gaborik.
“There’s definitely going to be an adjustment, especially in our own zone and with wall play, so I’ll work on that whenever I get the chance.”
- Randy Sportak via twitter: The Flames Roman Cervenka will see a specialist to make sure it’s okay for him to be on blood thinners while he’s practicing with the team.
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: Jets center Nik Antropov has an upper-body injury and didn’t pass his physical.
“He’s got a small upper-body ailment and he’s day-to-day,” said Noel. “He’ll be assessed during the week, whether he’s able to play on Saturday will be determined. We’re hopeful he that he will.”
- Randy Sportak via twitter: Flames defenseman Anton Babchuk will be out for 3 weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Al Muir via twitter: Jarome Iginla, David Booth and Dan Hamhuis all have groin strains.
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Islanders Travis Hamonic appears to be OK after his concussion.