- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers Michael Del Zotto’s agent says that “negotiations are ongoing.”
- Mike Heika via twitter: Jamie Benn (RFA) is the only unsigned Stars player.
“We’ve had talks with Jamie for a year and a half, so we know the parameters,” Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk said Tuesday. “We’ve made it clear to them that it is a priority for us, and I think Jamie knows we want him in camp…It’s important, but time will dictate whether it gets done.’’
Benn could get a new contract in the $5 to $6 million range.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Mirtle has heard that Corey Perry would have seriously considered joining his former GM when he became a UFA at the end of this season.
- Chris Stevenson of the Toronto Sun: There was talk out of Montreal on Tuesday that P.K. Subban’s camp could be looking for a contract similar to Kings defenseman Drew Doughty. Doughty signed an 8 year, $56 million deal last year.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area: The Sharks are one of several teams to have contacted free agent defenseman Jim Vandermeer. The Canucks could be a more likely destination for Vandermeer.