- Darren Dreger via twitter: There was no proposal from the NHLPA last night. The players hoped for flexibility and will listen to ideas to close the gap. Brandon Worley via twitter: The NHL didn’t want to talk about player contracting rights, said they that the core economics should be worked out first.
- James Mirtle via twitter: The NHL and NHLPA may meet again today. Dan Rosen via twitter: Daly said they plan to talk in the morning to go over scheduling to meet later on in the day. Aaron Ward via twitter: A source said that today’s meeting may be moved to Wednesday as the NHLPA may be working internally on economic concepts.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Bill Daly said that the NHL asked for a full proposal. In his opinion, they haven’t seen one yet. Dan Rosen via twitter: Daly: “If their proposal continues to be a guaranteed amount of players’ share dollars we have told them that sitting here on Nov. 19, that’s not a proposal that is acceptable to us or would ever be acceptable to our owners right now.”
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Don Fehr: ”we are going to think about what was said and think about our next step.”
- TSN: The NHL would like to have something in writing from the NHLPA:
“It’s our position that we’ve made a couple comprehensive proposals in a row,” said deputy commissioner Bill Daly. “We’d like to know where they are on all of the issues. We asked them to think about putting together a comprehensive proposal for us to consider. …
“We’ve never heard a full proposal from them.”
A source said that there may be a sense of urgency coming from the players side, and there are indications that they may be coming with “give and take” proposals.
“I don’t really know what to expect,” said Daly. “We asked, I certainly hope it’s something they’ll consider. I think that’s something they’re deliberating on.”
- Darren Dreger via twitter: “Tues will be interesting. If players series of proposals materializes and address some concerns, talks on contract issues will pick up.”
- Chris Botta via twitter: A player text on the meeting last night: ”More wasted time. Our choice is either give up everything to the league or watch them cancel the season.”
- Jason Gregor via twitter: “Didn’t the @nhlpa ask for this meeting? Yet they didn’t bring a proposal. Why meet then. Seems like both sides just want to waste time. Sad.”
- NHLPA via twitter: 18 players were in town last night for their meetings: Craig Adams, David Backes, Eric Brewer, Ryan Callahan, Dan Cleary, Mathieu Darche, Marian Gaborik, Josh Gorges, Ron Hainsey, Jeff Halpern, Shawn Horcoff, Vincent Lecavalier, Andy McDonald, Brooks Orpik, Brad Richards, Marc Staal, Martin St. Louis & Dan Winnik.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs was at the CBA meeting.