- Darren Dreger of TSN: The NHL and NHLPA will get back to negotiations on Monday night in New York.
“Nothing was ever said or even suggested that we needed the details of our proposal “down to the comma. We told them the issues we wanted addressed in the system. We told them we have provided a proposal that we think will effectively address those issues.
“But we told them that we are open to discussing other ways to address those issues if they want to propose any,” continued Daly. “In fact, we used the exact example of “if we need five and we have proposed 3+2 to get there, that we are happy to listening to and considering 4+1 instead. I’m not sure why they chose to characterize the way they did. As I’ve said before, I can only control what we say.”
- John Shannon via twitter: Bill Daly said that the meeting was “Their request, their agenda.”
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Most of the NHL’s main sponsors are able to request a form of compensation after 25 percent of the season is lost, so 21 games. Most of the team sponsors get a game-by-game rebate that are paid back to them in 2013.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets 2012 1st round pick, Ryan Murray, suffered a shoulder injury Friday night. It is believed to have dislocated it.
“You’ll have to see how much damage he’s done to the labrum. Does he have any broken bones from the thrust of the fall? Once it’s come out, it tends to come out easier in the future. Our doctors will take a look at the tests and we’ll decide the next step.”
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: Senators Jared Cowen will be out 6 to 8 months after hip surgery to replace a torn labrum.