- Larry Brooks via twitter: Rangers Carl Hagelin sustained a shoulder injury a couple weeks ago. The extent of the injury in not known, but surgery is not required. As per lockout rules, Hagelin is not permitted to get rehab from the Rangers training staff.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: Some Florida Panthers players are dealing with some injury issues. Erik Gudbranson suffered a shoulder injury in late August, and would have missed the first 2 months of the season. Sean Bergenheim only played in 2 games in the Finnish league before returning to Florida after possibly re-aggravating a groin injury. Tomas Kopecky suffered a shoulder injury after 4 games in the Slovakian league, and is back in South Florida. Marcel Goc has missed the 3 games in the German league for undisclosed reasons.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog was injured in a practice with his Swedish team. He was hit in the head by the puck, required 5 stitches, and is said to be suffering from headaches. He told a reporter that he’s ready to play in their next game though.
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Sun: Senators defenseman Jared Cowen has missed the past 7 Binghamton Senators games with a lower-body injury. Binghamton GM Tim Murray:
“He’s a big part of our organization,” Murray said. “Whether he’s 70 per cent or 60 per cent or 80 per cent, we’re not going to rush him. We feel we have enough players down there that can play, and he has already proven that he’s an NHL player. We’re not going to jeopardize him long-term by playing him right now.”
- Jonathan Willis of the Edmonton Journal: Hockeysverige.se is reporting that Oilers prospect Oscar Klefbom will miss the rest of November. Klefbom has been out since October 9th with a shoulder injury.