- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild’s Mikael Granlund will be out 2 to 4 weeks with a lateral right ankle sprain. He’s in a walking boot and rehabbing in Houston.
“He’ll be able to start doing more next week and is walking pretty good, but we wanted to make sure, and mercifully, this is not the worst case scenario,” Fletcher said. “It’s relatively good news. It’s not a knee or high ankle sprain or anything like that. It’s a common ankle sprain.”
In the same game that Granlund was injured, Jonas Brodin broke is clavicle and is out for at least 8 weeks. Brodin was meeting with doctors yesterday afternoon to determine if they’ll allow the bone to heal by itself or to insert a plate.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Coyotes Lauri Korpikoski signed a 6 game contract with TPS. He had played 5 games for them already, scoring 4 goals and adding 6 assists.
- Jason Lockhark of SF Bulls.com: The SF Bulls signed Ryane Clowe yesterday, and he’ll practice with the team on Thursday.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Jiri Tlusty may be leaving Kladno to head to Atlant Mytishchi of the KHL soon. He could return to Kladno in January if the lockout continues.
- Brett Cyrgalis of the NY Post: Rick DiPietro said it’s “not true at all” of the reports from a German newspaper that he has a groin injury. “I’m feeling good,” DiPietro wrote in a text message, “and I’m looking forward to the next game.”