- Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer: Hurricanes Jeff Skinner has left Markham and is back in Raleigh skating with teammates.
“I’ll see how these workouts go here,” he said. “I had a good training program going on at home, so I’ll probably head back within the next week. I’ll just play with the guys (at RCI) until then.”
“I’m not really ruling out any options right now,” Skinner said. “I’m just looking into everything. It’s something my agent (Rick Curran) is going to explore. He’ll get back to me when he has something me and my family can talk about, and we’ll go from there.”
- Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times: Steven Stamkos on going overseas,
“I’m going to see what happens in the next two or three weeks before I go any further”
- Ottawa Sun: Bruins forward Shawn Thornton thinks it could be a career-threatening lockout for him,
“For guys like me I have a few years left and I’m kind of caught in the middle and squeezed out on both sides,” Thornton told the WAAF Hillman Morning Show. “If this goes on for a year or two then I’m probably done and I have to go back to working for a living. That’s fine. I’ve done it before. I worked in a steel factory when I was younger.
“But on the other side I’d like to play out the last two years of my contract and be a little bit ahead after fighting 400 times over the last 15 years.”
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Kings Dustin Brown will be joining Zurich in the Swiss league.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Penguins Tomas Vokoun signed with Karlvy Vary. Will join them on Monday.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Hurricanes Jamie McBain will be joining SM-liiga’s Pelicans.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Paul Bissonette has signed with the Cardiff Devils.
- Shelly Anderson via twitter: Dupuis, Kunitz, Adams, Kennedy, and Crosby were all skating at Southpointe yesterday.