- Josh Rimer via twitter: Looking like the Penguins and Blackhawks are the front runners for Zach Parise. Rimer doesn’t think New Jersey is in it anymore is they may not be able to give him the lockout protection with signing bonuses like the other teams. Dan Rosen via twitter: If the Blackhawks are able to land Parise, does Patrick Kane go on the block? Mark Masters via twitter: Pushed Parise for a timeline on and all he gave was “in the near future.” Parise denies that the Devils financial situation is a factor in the process, ‘In speaking with Lou he said that won’t be a problem.’ Pierre LeBrun via twitter: LeBrun senses that the a decision will come no later than today, he’s close. Wants to talk with his family in Minnesota first.
- Chris Stevenson in the Toronto Sun: Money for Parise will like be similar from all teams and for close to the same length. He’s looking for around $25 million in the next calender year.
“It’s such a long-term, important decision, you have to make sure you look at everything,” Parise told reporters Monday when he emerged from Newport Sports offices.
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: The Flyers are one of the teams waiting for Parise and Suter’s decision. Parise flew back to his home in Minnesota. The Flyers reportedly made a 12 year offers at over $80 million for both Parise and Suter. It seems like a large part of their decision is their comfort level in the city where they may sign. Several teams are having to wait until a decision from both is made, before they move on to other free agents or trades. The Flyers could still end up re-signing Jaromir Jagr or Matt Carle. The Flyers could look at Shane Doan.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St Louis Post Dispatch: The Blues may look at trading a forward, may be a top 6 forward, for a defenseman. The are trying to find a left side defenseman through free agency, and have reached out to a couple. They are not believed to be in the Ryan Suter running, and have sent out feelers for Jason Garrison (signed with the Canucks) and Matt Carle. Carle could be looking for something in the $5 million range. Other possibilities include Michal Rozsival, Pavel Kubina, Jeff Finger, Bryce Salvador and bringing back Carlo Colaiacovo. Trade targets could be Jay Bouwmeester and Keith Yandle, and both wouldn’t be cheap to get.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Apparently the Canadiens never made a formal offer for Jaromir Jagr.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: Red Wings goalie Joey MacDonald doesn’t want to spend another year in the AHL, so the Wings are looking for a trade partner to accommodate him.