- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Islanders prospect Kirill Petrov signed a contract extension with with Ak Bars.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Ak Bars has also signed Blue Jackets defenseman Maxim Mayorov. Aaron Portzline via twitter: It’s believed that the Blue Jackets will qualify Mayorov and keep his rights.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: The two 2011 Stanley Cup Finals goaltenders, Roberto Luongo and Tim Thomas, could find themselves on the trading block this summer. Luongo has given the Canucks a short list of teams he’s accept a trade too: possibly the Panthers, Lightning, Blackhawks and Maple Leafs. Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has heard the rumors on Thomas:
“I’ve seen speculation about moving a goalie, but I’m certainly not inclined to do that,” Chiarelli said.
“Tim didn’t have statistically the year he had the year before, but I thought he had a very good year. We have, if not the best, one of the top goaltending tandems in the league.”
The Predators still believe they’ll be able to re-sign Ryan Suter and Shea Weber. Predators chairman Tom Cigarran:
“We were going to keep the very best players to the extent we can, to the extent they want to play here,” Cigarran told the Tennessean. “To the extent they want to play here, we would step up and make sure we had the money available to pay them.”
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: Sharks GM Doug Wilson got a vote of confidence from ownership, but the coaching staff hasn’t received one yet. Wilson is still in the review process, which should be completed over the next couple weeks. Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Coach Todd McLellan has 2 years left on his deal, and LeBrun thinks he’ll remain with the team. New Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin would definitely be interested in Alain Vigneault if the Canucks fired him. Marc Crawford could also be in the mix for the Canadiens job. Darren Dreger reported that Bob Hartley and Michel Therrien are in consideration. The sale of the St. Louis Blues to minority owner Tom Stillman is “very close.”
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Senators top 5 offseason priorities: 1. Bring back Daniel Alfredsson 2. Sign defenceman Erik Karlsson 3. Re-sign center Chris Kelly as a UFA 4. Trade defenceman Sergei Gonchar 5. Buy out winger Bobby Butler.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: The Blues tried to upgrade their blueline at the trade deadline, but were unsuccessful. Kent Huskins will likely replace Ian Cole tonight. Matt D’Agostini could replace Alex Steen on the line with Andy McDonald and David Backes. Blues coach Ken Hitchcock wanted to rule Jaroslav Halak out of the series to eliminate any potential distraction.