- Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald: Flames Miikka Kiprusoff’s no-movement clause is set to expire this offseason. Questions will be brought up this offseason if the Flames should trade him or not.
“Hockey is a business,” Kiprusoff said. “Those things are not in my hands.
“But that’s in my mind to come back and try to help this team again.”
- Tim Paqnaccio via twitter: The Flyers have re-signed defenseman Nicklas Grossman to a 4 year, $14 million deal.
- Allen Panzeri of the Ottawa Citizen: Senators forward Chris Neil did not travel with the team after crashing into the board during practice. He appeared to catch his skate on the post, then crashed his shoulder/back/head into the boards. Teammates had to help him off the ice.
- Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News: Now that the Stars are eliminated from the playoffs, they are likely to rest some of their injured players. Coach Glen Gulutzan said that Steve Ott, Radek Dvorak, Stephane Robidas, Mike Ribeiro, Mark Fistric and possibly Brenden Morrow are likely to be scratched.
“I talked to every injured player and they all want to play the last game, whether they have to take a needle or not,” Gulutzan said. “But the reality is we don’t want to put them through that.”
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets Rick Nash is questionable for today due to a back injury.
- Dave Caldwell of the NY Times: Oft injured Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro said he won’t play in the their season finale today. He played in only 8 games this year. He had sports hernia surgery in January and feels good enough to play. DiPietro is determined to play again and is looking forward to training camp. He’s played only 47 games in the last 4 years.
- Bob Mitchell of Toronto Star: Maple Leafs Joey Crabb will be a UFA at the end of the year, and will likely get some interest from other teams.
“Obviously, you like to know where you’re going to play next year. But hopefully I’m back here. And hopefully they feel the same way. Beyond hoping is basically all that I can control.”
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: Flyers James van Riemsdyk will be out another 2 to 3 weeks with his broken foot. Nicklas Grossman is day-to-day with his knee injury. Andrej Meszaros will be out 2 to 4 more weeks after his back surgery. Danny Briere is still out indefinitely with a back injury.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky is questionable for today because of an upper-body injury.
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Mikhail Grabovski said he plans to play today and that he’ll join Belarus for the World Championships.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Brian Boucher will start in net for the Hurricanes.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur is expected to start for the Devils against the Senators.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: J.S. Giguere will start in net for the Avalanche.
- Tarik El-Bashir via twitter: Braden Holtby will start in net for the Capitals.