- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Predators defesneman Ryan Suter on the possible return of Alexander Radulov.
“It takes away from the guys we have on the team when we talk about other guys coming in, and guys who have been here all year and worked hard all year,” defenseman Ryan Suter said. “It’s going to be a fine line we’re going to have to walk if he does come back.”
- James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail: Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke on their 1st round pick:
“[We’re] inclined to keep the pick,” Burke said, “but listening [to offers] already.”
- Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville used the word “setback” when talking about Jonathan Toews’ concussion. Toews had skated for 4 straight days, rested for 2, skated Wednesday and took yesterday off.
“Whether it’s a setback or it’s part of the process, that’s what we’re dealing with,” Quenneville said. “It’s a concern. You miss a guy like that.”
- Gregg Krupa of the Detroit News: Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom will be out for at least another week. Pavel Datsyuk is still waiting to test his knee after having arthroscopic surgery 24 days ago.
- Kent Youngblood of the Star Tribune: Wild center Mikko Koivu has been cleared for contact and practiced yesterday without a no-contact jersey for the first time. Koivu has been out for the last 13 games games with a shoulder injury. He’ll practice again today, and they’ll determine then when he’ll return. There is a chance he’ll return on Saturday against the Hurricanes. Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom took the full practice yesterday. “He looked really good,” Yeo said. “If he got sore or tired, he was told to back off and to give it a rest. But he didn’t do that, which is obviously a good sign.” They’ll make a decision after practice on both Josh Harding and Backstrom. If both are 100%, Matt Hackett will be sent back to Houston. Defenseman Justin Falk, out with a lower body injury, is close to returning to practice.
- Josh Cooper via twitter: Predators Paul Gaustad is likely out tomorrow against the Kings. Coach Barry Trotz said it’s “just a little upper body injury.”
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Blues forward Andy MacDonald injured his right shoulder last night and will be evaluated today. He was hit by Tuomo Ruutu and hit the boards awkwardly.